Page Header Image
Page Header Image shadow gif

Help With Money

If you find it difficult to pay your energy bills, or you are already in debt, it is important to contact your energy supplier and let them know – otherwise they may take action against you that could result in disconnection. Suppliers are generally sympathetic to payment difficulties, as long as you keep them informed  – and most of them will be able to offer help and advice.

If you are struggling on a low income, it is worth finding out if there are benefits you are entitled to but not currently claiming. Citizens Advice are experts in this field.
Visit their website: (England and Wales) or (Scotland) or look up the number of your local Citizens Advice in the phone book.

Other sources of help include the Scottish Helpline for Older People, which is managed by Age UK or Age Scotland. Tel: 0845 125 9732. Calls are charged at local rates.

The National Debtline is another source of free, confidential advice for anyone who is worried about debt. Visit or call 0808 808 4000 – calls are free of charge.